Con Edison Residential HVAC Contractor Participation Agreement
Congratulations! You're taking the first step in becoming a Con Edison Participating Contractor for both the Midstream HVAC Program and the NYS Clean Heat Program. The documents listed below are required as part of the application. However, some documents are required only for the NYS Clean Heat Program as seen by the document title or by description in parenthesis. When submitting the Certificate of Insurance, it must carry ConEdison as the insured. The address on the COI should read, Consolidated Edison, Inc., 4 Irving Place New York, NY 10003.
The NYS Clean Heat Contractor Application and the Clean Heat Contractor Participation Agreement can both be found on the NYS Clean Heat website at https://saveenergyny.ny.gov/NYScleanheat/. Click on Become a Participating Contractor and find the Contractor Application at Step 1 and the Participation Agreement at Step 2 ensuring to choose Con Edison for both documents. Please download the entire documents when submitting into this application.
You can create your account below. If you have any questions, contact us at 1-800-430-9505 or info@ConEdisonResidential.com.
You should have electronic copies of the following documentation on-hand before starting your submission.
List of Required Documents:
- Contractor License
- Certificate Of Insurance
- Home Improvement License (applicable to Pool Pump Service Contractors only)
- Company W-9
NYS Clean Heat Program: (All required documents are identified in the NYS Clean Heat Program Manual)
- NYS Clean Heat Contractor Application (Found in the NYS Clean Heat Website)
- Clean Heat Contractor Participation Agreement (Found in the NYS Clean Heat Website)
Air-Source Heat Pump Contractors:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Section 608 Technician Certificate
- ASHP Manufacturer-sponsored Installation Training Certificate (or comparable proof of training)
Ground Source Heat Pump Contractors: Installer Credentials, Full Load
- International Ground-Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) Accredited Installer Certificate or Active Certified GeoExchange Designer (CGD) Certificated from the Association of Energy Engineers.
Ground Source Heat Pump Contractors: Installer Credentials, Custom GSHP Systems
- The applicant must include one of the following:
- Active Certificate GeoExchange Designer (CGD) Certificate from the Association of Energy Engineers
- An Active NYS Professional Engineering license
- An Active NYS Registered Architect license
- Active registration and certification for open-loop geothermal well drilling by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
- National Ground Water Association Certified Vertical Closed-Loop Driller (CVCLD) Certificate